Spiced Chicken, Lentil and a Herby Yoghurt Dressing Summer Salad
This is a recipe is originally based on a Jamie Oliver meal in 30 minutes recipe which I have adapted to make to make it faster for me. Mr S is currently on a big healthy eating lifestyle which loosely translates to no or low carbs. Me and Bubs are not following any sort of ridiculous ideas and continue to consume carbs in high quantities.
However with it being summer and having been lucky enough to have a few warm evenings it is lovely to have a light dinner on these occasions and this salad fits the bill of being healthy, filling and delicious.
Hope you all enjoy this as much as we did.
2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
500g Chicken Breasts
1 packet Baby Chestnut Mushrooms
2 Green Chilli
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 inch Ginger
1 Tsp. Tikka Paste
1/2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
3 Spring Onions
1 Large Tomato
1 ready to eat tin of Green Lentils
1 tsp red/white wine vinegar
Handful of Green coriander
5/6 Mint Stalks
2 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
1 tbsp Cashew Nuts
1 tbsp Mango Chutney
1/2 tsp Dried Mango Powder
1 bag of pre washed Salad Leaves
1 red Chilli deseeded
50g Feta Cheese
Chicken and Mushroom
1. Chop up chicken into 2 inch pieces, finely chop 1 green chilli, 1 garlic clove and grate ginger
2. Combine 1 tbsp oil, chicken, mushrooms, green chilli, garlic, ginger, tikka pasta, paprika, 1 tsp coriander powder and salt and pepper in a bowl and leave in the fridge for a few hours
3. To cook, heat a griddle pan until very hot and grill chicken until done around 10 minutes.
4. Heat remaining oil in a pan, add in cumin seeds
5. Finely chop spring onion and tomatoes
6. Once cumin seeds have began to let off their aroma add in spring onions and tomatoes
7. Add in a whole tin including water of green lentils along with vinegar and salt and pepper
8. Cook down for around 10-15 minutes.
9. In a food processor whiz together - 1 green chilli, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp coriander powder, coriander - stalks and leaves, mint leaves, juice of lemon, yoghurt, cashews, mango chutney, dried mango power and seasoning.
10. Top mixed salad leaves with finely peeled strips of carrot, cucumber and red chilli
11. Top salad with chicken, feta and drizzle over dressing.