Chicken is a big staple in our house and with Mr S being big into his training at the moment gets eaten at least 5 times a week probably by him and Bubs, personally this pregnancy I have preferred the vegetarian route however I did destroy two skewers of these tasty chicken kebabs they were so good.
In London so far this summer has not been great with quite a few rainy days, I feel we peaked too early when it came to the hot weather, just hoping it means we get an Indian Summer in September, which would be great as I will not be pregnant any more and extra hot. The weather though does effect for me what I feel like eating and this dish was like a big plate of summer so it was great for a quick dinner on the odd day I did see a few sunrays peeking out.
I served it with homemade chips, which I tend to prefer now to pre- made oven chips, just slice up a large potato, season with salt, pepper, olive oil and cook at 190 Fan for around 30-35 minutes. A quick Greek salad, my variation of this was made from red peppers, tricolour tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and feta with a simple vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper dressing. I also brought this delicious seeded flatbread from Sainsburys to serve with it.
This makes a great family mid-week meal, hope you all enjoy recreating it.
Chicken Kebabs in a Greek Marinade
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Garlic Cloves finely diced
2 Tbsp. Oregano
2 Tbsp. Cumin Powder
1 tsp Chili Flakes
1 tsp Garlic Salt
Sea Salt and Crushed Black Pepper
6/7 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into cubes
1. Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili, garlic salt, slat and pepper to create the marinade
2. Coat chicken thighs thoroughly in marinade and leave to for a few hours
3. Pre-soak wooden skewers to ensure they do not burn
4. Skewer on chicken to form kebabs
5. To cook either BBQ, Grill or Oven cook at 200 Fan/ 220/ Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through
6. Serve and enjoy