A great easy bake to do with the kids, especially the messy chocolate part
I left my cakes with no topping but an extra swirl of Nutella on top would be great to go all out on the indulgence.
This makes 2 5inch cakes or one large 9inch cake.
Bake at 170 fan
150g Caster Sugar
2 ripe Bananas
120g Self Raising flour
120g Plain Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
Large Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven and grease and line your cake tins.
2. Combine together stork and caster sugar for 5 minutes in an electric stand mixer.
3. Whisk eggs and mash the bananas.
4. Sift together flours, baking powder and salt.
5. Add in eggs and bananas and mix for 2 further minutes.
6. Add in flour and mix until just combined.
7. Pour into tins, add dollars of Nutella and swirl for marble effect.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Leave to cool before enjoying.