The recent hot weather has meant we have so many bananas going black each week, and as my kids know now these extra brown bananas make extra yummy cakes, so this weekend we whizzed up this quick banana and Nutella cake, using my favourite 5 inch tins.
A great easy bake to do with the kids, especially the messy chocolate part
I left my cakes with no topping but an extra swirl of Nutella on top would be great to go all out on the indulgence.
This makes 2 5inch cakes or one large 9inch cake.
Bake at 170 fan
150g Caster Sugar
2 ripe Bananas
120g Self Raising flour
120g Plain Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
Large Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven and grease and line your cake tins.
2. Combine together stork and caster sugar for 5 minutes in an electric stand mixer.
3. Whisk eggs and mash the bananas.
4. Sift together flours, baking powder and salt.
5. Add in eggs and bananas and mix for 2 further minutes.
6. Add in flour and mix until just combined.
7. Pour into tins, add dollars of Nutella and swirl for marble effect.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Leave to cool before enjoying.