I have had lots of requests recently to stop posting cakes and do some more dinner ideas, so here is a delicious Hariyali Chicken recipe. we enjoyed this with pudla's - besan pancakes. A great light springtime meal that you can marinate before hand and then cook up quickly after work. I think the key for this marinade is firstly straining the yoghurt, this made such a difference in helping it stick to the chicken and not resulting in lots of water being released when cooking in the oven, also I think as this is twice cooked you really do need to use chicken thighs, chicken breast would end up being too dry.
600g Chicken Thighs skinless and boneless
10/12 stems of Fresh Mint - large handful of leaves picked off
75g Coriander - stalks and leaves
1 inch piece of Ginger
1/2 Lime juiced
2 tsp Oil (rapeseed)
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Dried Mango Powder
2 Green Chillies ( Omit for Children)
2 tbsp Plain Yoghurt
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
2 tbsp of Oil
2 tsp of Cumin Seeds
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Ground Coriander
1 Red Onion
3 cloves of Garlic
1 Green Chilli
2 tbsp of Water
Handful of chopped Corriander
3. Add in strained yoghurt.
5. Preheat an oven to 200 Fan and remove chicken from the fridge to reach room temperature.
6. Chop up yellow and red pepper into cubes.
8. Finely slice onion and finely chop garlic.
9. Once chicken has cooked and cooled slightly shred up on the tray.
10. Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil, add in cumin seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Add in onions and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes.
12. Add in salt, ground coriander and green chilli and cook out for 2 minutes.
13. Add in shredded chicken, peppers and cooking juices.
15. Top with chopped corriander and serve.