2 tsp Masala chai mix2 Masala chai teabags
150ml Whipping Cream200ml Double Cream225g Mascarpone1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground1/4 tsp Cardamom ground1 tsp Vanilla Extract5 tbsp Icing Sugar1 packed of Sponge Fingers 3 tbsp of Spiced Rum (optional)
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
Method1.In a saucepan heat 200ml of water, to this add in 2 tsp masala chai powder and 2 masala chai teabags and bring to the boil. Once boiling, simmer for 5 minutes, before straining through a sieve and allowing it to cool down.
2.In a separate bowl, whisk the whipping and double cream until it forms peaks, add in mascarpone, cinnamon, cardamom, icing sugar and vanilla.
3. Once the tea mixture has cooled, you can add in the rum if using.
4. Taking the sponge fingers, soak on both sides for a few seconds before creating your first layer at the bottom of the glass.
5. Add in a layer of the cream and repeat these two layers again.
6. Mix together cocoa and cinammon and sift over the top of the last layer of cream.
7. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.